Clash Royale is a free-to-play video game. The thrill of collecting cash from winning battles, customising decks to suit your needs, and winning trophies makes the card-based Tower Defence game truly enjoyable.
Let’s get a taste of the clan wars’ tower rush by learning some Clash Royale statistics!
Top 5 Clash Royale Statistics and Facts
- In 2021, 62.84 million people downloaded Clash Royale.
- Nova eSports with $366,823 is Clash Royales’ top-earning esports team.
- Sergio Ramos has won a total prize pool of $212,024 by 2020.
- Clash Royale is the second leading strategy mobile game in the US in 2021.
- Clash Royale reached $100 million on iOS in a record 51 days.
Fascinating Facts and Statistics
1. In 2021, 62.84 million people downloaded Clash Royale.
The game was the second most downloaded game published by Supercell, noting 62.84 million downloads across Google Play and the App Store. Compared to the competition, Pokemon was downloaded 12.71 million in Q2 2021 and Candy Crush recorded 159.3 million downloads last year.
2. How many people play Clash Royale?
The latest Clash Royale player count stands at 1 million. This figure is a significant drop from the 3 million recorded two years previously.
3. In 4 years, Clash Royale had 468.8 million lifetime downloads.
The US takes the first spot in terms of downloads at 53 million, which is 11.3% of total downloads. Brazil is close in the second spot with 51.7 million downloads taking up 11%, and Russia comes in third with 26.8 million at 5.7%.
4. The peak average number of viewers was in January 2022 at 16.7 thousand.
Clash Royale had 598,464 peak viewers and 324 live channels in January 2022 on the interactive live streaming service. Hours watched reached an astonishing 12.4 million, while the number of channels peaked in July 2021 at 357. However, despite its popularity, it has yet to reach the record-breaking Escape from Tarkov (42.6 weekly hours of watch time) and League of Legends with 35.5 million hours viewed.
Surprisingly, Clash Royale trends indicate that the game is streamed by 4% more channels on weekends but has 21% fewer viewers.
5. BENIJU03 is the most popular Clash Royale streamer on Twitch.
As of February 2022, BENIJU03 is the top streamer with 11.815 average viewers. Next up are:
- diorsjinnie: 3.512 average viewers
- ouahleouff88: 3.167 average viewers
- WithZack: 2.844 average viewers
- anabancr: 2.747 average viewers
6. Clash Royale is the 7th most popular iPhone Gaming App in 2021.
The number of daily active iPhone users has reached 3.03 million. ROBLOX holds the first place with 5.75 million daily active users, while Clash of Clans takes second spot with 3.86 million daily active users.
Clash Royale Competition Statistics
7. Nova eSports with $366,823 is Clash Royales’ top-earning esports team.
The Prize Money Awarded that Clash Royale has awarded from 2016 to 2020 is an astonishing $3,363,348.27 from 51 Tournaments.
Although Nova eSports has received the most money across 9 tournaments, Team Queso has won the most events (12) and received $162,605.87, which put them in fourth place.
8. The highest amount for a championship prize is $400,000.
The game is highly lucrative, and individuals or teams who compete in the championship are awarded a large sum of money.
Clash Royale Crown Championship World Finals 2017 and Clash Royale League 2019 World Finals are best remembered for the highest amount given. Following them is the King’s Cup II 2017 with a prize pool of $200,250. As impressive as these numbers are, they fail in comparison to the prize money awarded by other eSports tournaments, which can go up to $2 million.
9. Sergio Ramos has won a total prize pool of $212,024 by 2020.
The following is a list of Top player rankings for Clash Royale by total prize winnings:
- SergioRamos – $212,024
- Surgical Goblin – $118,974
- MusicMaster – $90,000
- DiegoB – $82,500
- KaNaRiOoo – $77,239
Clash Royale Demographics
10. Clash Royale is more popular among men.
According to Clash Royale statistics from 2021, the game’s popularity reached 41% among men and 30% among women.
Furthermore, it was popular with 49% of Millennials, 37% of Gen X, and 16% of Baby Boomers. This is in line with the popularity of video games across the UK where 92% of those aged from 16 to 24 had ever played games.
11. Aftermath tops Clan Wars Clans in the UK with 4505 Clan Trophies.
Top Clan Wars Clans in the United Kingdom
- Aftermath with 4505 Clan Trophies
- Heavyweights with 4353 Clan Trophies
- Clash of Duty with 4207 Clan Trophies
- Salty Pirates™ with 4145 Clan Trophies
- King Killers with 4110 Clan Trophies
Clash Royale Revenue
12. Clash Roy12. $207.37 million dollars were generated by Supercell’s Clash Royale from in-app purchases in 2020.ale is the second leading strategy mobile game in US in 2021.
What began with a revenue of 654 million in 2016 has been steadily declining year after year. In 2021, the revenue of Clash Royale was 294 million dollars. One of its rivals, Minecraft, on the other hand, generated almost double the amount in 2020.
13. Clash Royale is the second leading strategy mobile game in the US in 2021.
Clash of Clans, with $29.68 million in revenue, is the most popular mobile strategy game. With $16.81 million, Clash Royale is in second place, and with $13.5 million, State of Survival Walking Dead comes in third.
14. Clash Royale reached $100 million on iOS in a record 51 days.
It took Epic Games’ Fortnite an (at the time) record 90 days to reach $100 million in in-app purchases on Apple’s App Store. This record was later on broken by Clash Royale.
15. The game accrued a total of $3 billion in player spending from 2016-2020.
The US accounts for most of Clash Royale’s lifetime earnings, taking up $925.4 million, or 30.8 per cent of total revenue.
Germany is second with $266.7 million, accounting for 9% of total income, and China is third with $204 million, accounting for 6.8 per cent of total income.
Anyone who enjoys tactics and strategy should give Clash Royale a try.
With just a few basic attack strategies and a boost in your defence skills, you’ll be well on your way to the top of the leaderboard.
We hope these Clash Royale statistics have piqued your interest and satisfied your curiosity about the game.