The most prestigious event in the film industry, gathering all the big names and celebrities of Hollywood, is just around the corner. The 94th movies Academy Awards are scheduled on 27 March, and this year – Oscars betting are the “it” trend that pays off!
Read our Oscars betting guide further and learn how to bet on the Oscars online.
Deposit £15 get a 50% matched bonus up to £50
100% Matched Bonus of up to £10 in free bets
The Oscars – The Most Prestigious Film Ceremony
Is there a more glamorous night in the year? Hollywood’s finest moments reviewed by Hollywood’s finest gathered in the Dolby Theater, the Oscars are one of the most awaited annual events in the world.
The red carpet, the stunning diamonds and tuxedos, custom made designer dresses, and it all comes down to the one holding the golden statuette. Popular betting markets for the Oscars
On What Categories can You bet on the Oscars?
The Oscar awards have 23 categories, and bets can be placed in each one, with multiple options. However, due to the popularity of the Academy Awards, it’s almost impossible for a single betting site to include all betting markets, and most of them usually offer just the most popular ones.
Here’s a list of the most popular ones and a few handy tips on how to bet on the Oscars online.
Tips: Check viewership and Box Office, often defies the odds of the favourite
2022 Oscars favourite nominee: – The Power of The Dog – 1.66 (4/6)
Best Actor / Actress
Tips: Favor the actor’s outstanding performance; follow who has won the Screen Actor Guild Awards; stick to the odds of the favourite
2022 Oscars favourite nominee:
Actor: Will Smith (King Richard) – 1.33 (1/3)
Actress: Nicole Kidman (Being the Ricardos) – 2.20 (6/5)
Best Supporting Actor/ Actress
Tips: favour the actors who were noted high on the Screen Actor Guild Awards in the same year
2022 Oscars favourite nominee:
Actress: Ariana DeBose (West Side Story) – 1.25 (1/4)
Actor: Kodi Smith McPhee (The Power Of The Dog) – 1.36 (4/11)
Tips: goes along the odds of the favourite; look for the director that was praised for his outstanding work for the past year and frequently mentioned in the film industry
2022 Oscars favourite nominee: Jane Campion (The Power Of The Dog) – 1.13 (2/15)
Best Original / Adapted Screenplay
Tips: Match the words of critics and check the winners in previous movie awards
Tips: Composition and complexity of stage and camera motion, but usually, follow the words of the critic and masters in the field
Best Editing / Visual Effects
Tips: Usually correlates with Best Picture (though MARVEL movies are winners in the category)
Best Animated Feature/ Best Short Film
Tips: check viewership and box office
Best International Feature Film
Tips: check national viewership box office, though this is a highly unpredictable category, since you’d never know about the movie’s impact on the international community, and those stats are hard to find
Best Documentary Feature/ Short Subject
Tips: The odds in these categories are pretty close and definitely, improbable to be predicted
Best Live Action Short Film
Tips: Look for a complex and inventive concept that requires skill and performance since screenwriters and directors are awarded
Best Original Score/ Best Song
Tips: Ditch the movies that include old or famous songs that have nothing to do with the movie; look for original songs that are becoming famous because of the movie
Best Production Design/ Make Up and Hairstyle/ Costume Design
Tips: MARVEL movies usually achieve these awards, as well as films that have adapted screenplay – historical or Sci-Fi movies
Types of Oscars Betting
There are many opportunities to bet on the Oscars online, but they can all be divided into three groups:
Winning bets – the most straight-forward way to bet is by placing a wager on your favourite nominee, and these bets are offered on almost every Oscar betting sites
Multi bets – place a wager on multiple bet selections to increase the value of your bet, but mind the fact that losing one of the multiple selection bets, makes the entire bet go down
Prop bets – Oscar’s gossip and fluff put in a bet, preposition bets allow you to guess who the winning actor would thank first in their speech, or who will be the one to let the first tear on stage, who will have the longest speech…
Oscar Betting Tips
Almost all betting sites would include the popular Oscar betting markets, but in order to bet on the Oscars online, the betting site should include an Entertainment / Special betting section.
Then, simply register and deposit a low amount in order to confirm your bonuses and promotions before placing your actual wager.
Here are 5 extra Oscars betting tips:
- Wager as early as possible for a higher win
- The chances for the favourites odds go down as the event approaches
- Find the most popular Oscar betting sites and the ones offering the fastest money withdrawal options
- Follow related movie awards for the year
- Mind the critic’s opinion
2022 Oscar Betting Odds
Best Picture Nominees and Odds
- The Power of The Dog – 1.66 (4/6)
- Belfast – 3.00 (2/1)
- West Side Story – 7.00 (6/1)
- Dune – 17.00 (16/1)
- Licorice Pizza – 17.00 (16/1)
- King Richard – 21.00 (20/1)
- CODA – 21.00 (20/1)
- Drive My Car – 26.00 (25/1)
- Don’t Look Up – 34.00 (33/1)
- Nightmare Alley – 41.00 (40/1)
Best Director Nominees and Odds
- Jane Campion (The Power Of The Dog) – 1.13 (2/15)
- Steven Spielberg (West Side Story) – 9.00 (9/1)
- Keneth Branagh (Belfast) — 10.00 (9/1)
- Ryusuke Hamaguchi (Drive My Car) – 13.00 (12/1)
- Paul Thomas Anderson (Licorice Pizza) – 17.00 (14/1)
Best Actor Nominees and Odds
- Will Smith (King Richard) – 1.33 (1/3)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power Of The Dog) – 4.00 (3/1)
- Andrew Garfield (tick, tick…BOOM) – 6.00 (5/1)
- Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth) – 21.00 (20/1)
- Javier Bardem (Being the Ricardos) – 34.00 (33/1)
Best Actress Nominees and Odds
- Nicole Kidman (Being the Ricardos) – 2.20 (6/5)
- Kristen Stewart (Spencer) – 2.75 (7/4)
- Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter) – 5.50 (9/2)
- Jessica Chastain (The Eye Of Tammy Faye) – 6.00 (5/1)
- Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers) – 15.00 (14/1)
Best Supporting Actress Nominees and Odds
- Ariana DeBose (West Side Story) – 1.25 (1/4)
- Kristen Dunst (The Power of The Dog) – 4.00 (3/1)
- Aunjanue Ellis (King Richard) – 11.00 (10/1)
- Judi Dench (Belfast) – 21.00 (20/1)
- Jessie Buckley (The Lost Daughter) – 26.00 (25/1)
Best Supporting Actor Nominees
- Kodi Smith McPhee (The Power Of The Dog) – 1.36 (4/11)
- Troy Kotsur (CODA) – 4.33 (100/30)
- Clarian Hinds (Belfast) – 6.00 (5/1)
- JK Simmons (Being The Ricardos) – 26.00 (25/1)
- Jesse Piemons (The Power od The Dog) – 34.00 (33/1)
The Movie Gala Countdown Begins
If you’re a movie geek, what would be better than winning alongside the winner of your favourite category?
Oscar betting is a popular (and legal) betting trend on the rise, and it could be done easily online, through betting sites that offer an Entertainment category.
What types of Oscar bets are available?
There are multiple types of bets available at online bookies, though they can be all grouped in three categories: winning bets, multiple bets and proposition bets.
Is betting on the Oscars legal?
Oscars betting is a perfectly safe and legal online action that acquires the betting standards for all other categories (+18 or +21 in certain states).
How do I place a bet on the Oscars online?
The first step is to decide which site you’d want to bet on, then sign up and place a deposit, to get bonuses. Then choose the Oscar betting odd, enter your preferred amount, and submit the wager.