Have you ever played the lottery? It’s a lot of fun, right?
If you are looking for a more joyful Lotto game with bigger prizes than the traditional lottery, Lotto HotPicks is worth trying out.
Whether you’re playing for fun or aiming to win big, here’s how does lotto HotPicks work.
What is Lotto HotPicks?
Lotto HotPicks is a Lotto game variation in which you can win more money by matching fewer numbers. Similar to virtual sports betting, Lotto HotPicks is also a game of luck, and it’s being organised by the National Lottery of the United Kingdom.
Lotto HotPicks costs £1 per line, and players must choose numbers between 1 and 59, the same as in the regular Lotto draw. The quantity of numbers you must choose is determined by the version of the game you choose to play. Keep in mind that the Lotto draw’s Bonus Number is not used in Lotto HotPicks.
This draw game has five different games in which you can select from Pick 1 to Pick 5 numbers. Pick 1 will require you to select only one number. Similarly, to play the Pick 2, Pick 3, Pick 4 and Pick 5, you’ll have to pick, two, three, four, or five numbers respectively.
You might also like: How Many Times Can Lotto Rollover
How much can you win with Lotto HotPicks?
Let’s look at what you’ll be playing for and the hot pick prizes. The winnings of Lotto HotPicks range from £6 to the highest price of £350,000.
|Main number pick and match||Prize|
|One main number||£6|
|Two main numbers||£60|
|Three main numbers||£800|
|Four main numbers||£13,000|
|Five main numbers||£350,000|
The prize amounts for each tier are fixed, and multiple winners are not required to share. As a result, if two people won with Pick 5 tickets, each would receive £350,000. It should be noted that there are regulations that allow for prize capping, and prices can be lower than those shown above.
Odds of Winning Lotto HotPicks
The approximate odds calculations of winning Lotto HotPicks show that winning Lotto HotPicks is more likely than winning Lotto. However, still, over 27% of Brits play the National Lottery.
The Lotto HotPicks odds vary depending on the game variation:
- Pick 1 and match 1 main number – 1:10
- Pick 2 and match 2 main numbers – 1:115
- Pick 3 and match 3 main numbers – 1:1,626
- Pick 4 and match 4 main numbers – 1:30,342
- Pick 5 and match 5 main numbers – 1:834,398
Like for every other betting system, there is no guarantee for best numbers for hot picks, although statistics show some ball numbers are more frequently drawn on the UK Lotto. Since 2015, the top five most drawn ball numbers on Lotto Draw have been 52, 8, 27, 36, and a tie between 39 and 58.
How to Play Lotto HotPicks
Lotto Hotpicks can be played online or by purchasing a ticket at Camelot (the operator of the UK National Lottery) or its authorised retailers. Let us walk you through the steps necessary to test your luck with Lotto HotPicks:
- Select how many numbers you want to match in the main Lotto draw numbers.
- Enter your numbers. If you’re playing online, you can try your luck with the Lucky Dip, which generates numbers at random.
- For those who want to play more, more lines and playslips will be added automatically as you fill them up.
- Choose the draw days you want to play.
- Choose ’01’ for this week’s draw or continue to play your numbers for up to 4 weeks.
- After pressing the play button, you’ll be prompted to sign in before confirming your selection.
The online Lotto HotPicks playslip looks like this:
Image source: UK National Lottery
Where can you check Lottery HotPicks results?
There are three ways to check the lottery HotPicks results and see if you have won Lotto HotPicks:
- Use the National Lottery app
- On the National Lottery website every Wednesday and Saturday from 9.30 pm
- Watch the Lotto Draw live on the website of the National Lottery or on their YouTube channel at 7.45 pm every Wednesday and Saturday
People also read: How to play the Irish lottery?
How to claim your Lotto HotPicks prizes?
If you have won a prize from a UK National Lottery draw game, you must claim it within 180 days of the draw date.
The process of claiming your Hot Pick prizes is determined by the amount you won and the location of your purchase.
If you played online Lotto Hotpicks, here is how you can claim your winnings:
- Prizes up to and including £500 will be paid on your National Lottery account
- For prizes from £500.01 up to and including £30,000, you’ll need to confirm your card details and the money will be transferred
- For claiming prizes from £30,000.01 up to and including £50,000, call the National Lottery during their working hours and you will get your prize by cheque
- Prizes over £50,000 can only be claimed in person
If purchased your winning Lotto HotPicks playslip in a store, the following regulations for claiming your prize apply:
- All prizes worth £100 or less can be claimed in a retail store.
- Prizes from £100.01 up to and including £500 can be claimed at some National Lottery retailers in cash or transferred to a debit card
- Lotto Hotpicks prizes from £500.01 up to and including £50,000 can be claimed at a designated Post Office or a few National Lottery retailers
- Finally, for prizes greater than £50,000, you must contact the National Lottery and schedule a time and date to claim your prize.
You might also be interested in: How Many Numbers do you Need on Thunderball to Win
Now that you understand how does Lotto HotPicks work, all you have to do is choose your lucky numbers and play.
Don’t forget to bring your good luck charm with you, and we wish you much success in your upcoming draws!
You may also be interested in:
How many numbers do you need to win HotPicks?
It is determined by the HotPicks game you select. For example, if you play Pick 4, you must match all four numbers with the Lotto Draw’s main numbers to win. The same rule applies to HotPicks picks 1 through 5.
Has anyone won Lotto Hotpicks?
Yes, there are quite a few winners in Lotto Hotpicks. The most recent winner was a rugby truck driver who won £350,000.
Is Lotto HotPicks a Scam or Legit?
No, Lotto Hotpicks is not a scam and is completely legit, since is a part of the UK’s National Lottery and is controlled by the UK Gambling Commission.
How much do you get for 3 numbers on HotPicks?
You can win £800 by picking and matching three numbers on Lotto Hotpicks.